1. About YOLK
Yolk Co., Ltd., is a South Korean company established in 2012. Our mission is to make unlimited,
pollution free, solar energy available in daily life. We aspire to develop innovative products that, not
only combine technology and creative design, but also provide solutions to social and energy
The goal of this hire is to discover ideas in various fields that can be sustainable and solve problems
in the local community through novel ideas and create business partnership. Through regional
expansion of Solar Cow, the multi-channel solar powered battery charging system, more solar energy
can produced, and many local residents can benefit from the improved energy access and
convenience to solar energy.
2. SOLAR COW
Introduction on Solar Powered Charging Station
The Solar Cow – one of Time Magazine’s top 100 inventions of 2019 – is a solar powered battery
charging system installed in schools in rural off-grid areas in African countries, with a current focus in
Kenya and Tanzania. Solar Cows allow kids to charge portable batteries, called Solar Milk, while they
attend class and take them home at the end of the school day. It becomes valuable source of energy
for charging parents’ cell phone and light at night.
(web site : http://yolkstation.com/, reference video : https://youtu.be/bvfzj6Tm054)
The Solar Cow is composed of a solar charging station and the solar milk is a portable 2,900 mAh
battery and LED light including the radio/MP3 features. The LED light has two brightness modes and
the battery comes with a USB port that can charge mobile phones.
3. The key tasks and responsibilities include
Field manager and technician will operate and manage Solar Cow. Key tasks will mainly
include but are not limited.
– Market research and promote the up-take of Solar Milk by users
– Managing and training branch reps and users.
– System of Solar Cow management and inspection.
– Communicates clearly and effectively.
– Analytical, negotiation and writing skills.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
– Able to identify priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
– Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
– Meets timeline for delivery of product or services to the supervisor/company
– Keeps abreast of available technology.
5. Required Skills and Experience
– Secondary education with Business Management, Engineering and/or International
Development related subjects.
– Demonstrable experience in business management and/or electronic engineering
– A minimum of 6 months of working experience in the related area
– Proficiency in personal computer use and MS office tools(Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
– Fluency in English and Swahili
* Time : GMT+3 (Kenya residence)
*Job information session We will provide applicants with an access link. Additional points are awarded to those who participate in the business briefing session.
*Training Workshop Person who passed the interview. The workshop will be held online and onsite in
Nairobi. Training and certificate provided (For those who have completed 80% of Training or more).
The finalist(s) selected after the Training Workshop are given the opportunity to work as local
manager and/or technician for a development project
8. Salary and Terms of Appointment
Salary: According to internal standards-negotiable
Upon hiring, 3 months fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
9. How to apply and inquire
2) Letter of recommendation
3) Application Form (Download the proposal form from the website yolkstation.com. “the information on how to write the Application form” will be explained at the job information session for the applicants)
● All the application documentation should be submitted as zip file, named” Applicant
Submit it by e-mail. Email : email@example.com