Mission of YOLK
Our mission is to make unlimited, pollution free, solar energy available in daily life. We would like to not only develop innovative products combinating technology and creative design, but also provide solutions for social and energy challenges.
- Invented ‘Solarade’, World’s smallest portable solar charger.
- Raised over $70,000 on Kickstarter (U.S Crowd funding)
- Launched ‘Solar Paper’, World’s thinnest and lightest solar charger.
- Raised over $ 1Million on Kickstarter
- Received media attention from over 300 foreign press including CNBC, BBC and etc.
- ‘Solar Paper’ was launched on Makuake in Japan with got funded over on JPY 26,800,200
- Bronze award at Geneva international Invention Exhibition in Swiss
- Participated in Dubai Gitex, Hong Kong HKTDC electronics fair, Intersolar Europe (Germany) and etc.
- ‘Solar Paper – CES Innovation award, ISPO Finalist and more.
- In the process of developing ‘Solar Cow’, a creative solution for energy supply and education issues in developing countries.
- Set up the 1st ‘Solar Cow’ prototype in Pokot, Kenya in July and continuing to monitor it.
- Held exhibitions and presentations at ShowStoppers, IFA in Germany, and AidEx in Kenya and Brussel.
- ‘Solar Cow’ – IF social impact prize, AidEx innovation challenge 2018 winner.
- ‘Solar Cow’ – CES Innovation award.